Waste management is the need of the hour. Reducing the amount of waste that is being dumped into the environment can help reduce the hazards of global warming. For reliable information about renewable energy and sustainability see more at Climate Counts website. The shortage of clean drinking water is a major problem in most of the residential areas. To tackle this there have been several new water treatment technologies that help make the available drinking water cleaner and safer to drink.
- Two-stage membrane filtration is the one where both high pressure and low-pressure membrane combinations are used. This would be a great way to significantly improve water quality.
- The advanced oxidation process is one where the organic content and impurities in the water are filtered out with the use of the oxidation In this treatment, either UV rays or hydrogen peroxide or ozone will be used to separate out the impurities.
- In the place of conventional chlorination procedures, ultraviolet irradiation is used in several water treatment plants to kill pathogens in water.
- The Ion exchange process is also used in order to decontaminate water and there are special ion exchange resins used here.
- Biological filtration is seen as a reliable drinking water purification method by many experts. This is where biological components are used to naturally remove the contaminants in water.
- Combination of ozone and hydrogen peroxide is used for filtration in several industrial applications. This is an accelerated water purification process.
- The use of pulsed UV rays with the help of a Xenon lamp to emanate UV radiations is a way to attain sterilization faster.
- Coagulants and clay minerals are also used in various places as a method to decontaminate water and to balance the pH levels.
In most of the places where clean drinking water is a problem, a combination of two or more of the above methods can also be used.…